AltaGas Ltd.â€™s logo was unveiled today on a STARS helicopter in Calgary, in recognition of AltaGas reaching a $500,000 donation milestone. Since 2001, AltaGas has partnered with STARS to help bring emergency medical services to its field locations in Alberta and British Columbia.
“We are passionate about initiatives that better the lives of people in our communities and help make our employees and the communities in which they live safer,â€ said David Cornhill, Chairman and CEO of AltaGas. “AltaGas is proud to support STARS so they can continue providing airborne intensive care to critically injured and ill patients.â€
AltaGasâ€™ logo was placed on all five STARS BK117 helicopters, which operate from bases in Calgary, Edmonton and Grande Prairie, with service areas covering approximately 94 per cent of Albertaâ€™s population and parts of eastern British Columbia.
â€œSTARS is proud to display the AltaGas logo on our helicopters,â€ said Dr. Greg Powell, President and CEO of STARS. â€œWe cannot thank them enough for their incredible support, which enables STARS to continue providing a safe, rapid, highly specialized emergency medical transport system for the critically ill and injured.â€
STARS has flown over 19,940 missions since it began in 1985, and is a well recognized leader in critical patient care, rapid transportation, and emergency medical training and education. STARS unique model of community, corporate and government support allows us to continue innovating excellence in patient care.
Photo caption: Appearing from left to right in the attached image are: Myles Dougan, Vice President Communications and Investor Relations with AltaGas; Dr. Greg Powell, STARS President and CEO; Randy Toone, Divisional Vice President, AltaGas, and Phil Levson, Vice President, STARS Foundation.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit