Conklin & de Decker, in association with the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), announced the third annual Alan H. Conklin Business Aviation Management scholarship winner is Richard Valentine. This award is being presented at the 2010 NBAA Annual Meeting and Convention in Orlando, Florida.
Richard Valentine is a senior at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and is majoring in Aerospace Maintenance Management and is a candidate for the Airframe and Powerplant Certificate under Title 14 CFR Part 147. Richardâ€™s academic success has earned him a place on the MTSUâ€™s Deanâ€™s list every semester since his freshman year. He has served as President and Vice-President for the Aerospace Maintenance Club at MTSU and has led the club in numerous community outreach and aviation industry activities. Richardâ€™s enthusiasm for the general aviation industry is boundless and he expresses it with his own personal project of building an experimental kit bi-plane in his spare time.
This annual scholarship honors Alan H. Conklin, founder of Conklin & de Decker, a US Air Force veteran, author, father, husband and business aviation leader for more than 60 years who passed away in 2006. The $5,000 scholarship is awarded to a student attending a University Aviation Association (UAA) affiliated college and who is specializing in aviation management.
Alan Conklin was an active member and supporter of NBAA for many years and served on the Operations Committee until his retirement in 2003. His aviation career spanned more than six decades. After flying as an instructor pilot in the US Army Air Corps and as a USAF transport pilot in Korea, Conklinâ€™s career took him to business aviation where he sold aircraft for several companies before meeting Bill de Decker and creating the first Aircraft Cost Evaluator program. Then in 1984 he founded what became Conklin & de Decker.
â€œWe are very impressed with Richard Valentineâ€™s passion for business aviation and his career goals that involve maintenance management,â€ commented Bill de Decker, President and co-founder of Conklin & de Decker and long time friend of Al Conklin. â€œOn behalf of the family of Alan Conklin and the entire staff at Conklin & de Decker, we congratulate Richard as this yearâ€™s scholarship winner and wish him all the best that our industry has to offer.â€
About Conklin & de Decker
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating 25 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Orleans, Massachusetts, Arlington, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consult with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000