MD Helicopters, Inc (MDHI) joined with Allegheny General Hospital’s LifeFlight at this year’s Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Allegheny General Hospital’s LifeFlight had on display its MD Explorer which they use to provide regional emergency helicopter and critical care ground transportation services for critically ill and injured patients who need immediate specialized care.
LifeFlight is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.LifeFlight has completed more than 60,000 missions, working side-by-side with EMS providers and community hospitals in a four-state area. LifeFlight helicopters serve western Pennsylvania, southeastern Ohio, northern West Virginia and western Maryland.
Currently, MD Helicopters is supporting more than 130 twin engine MD Explorers worldwide, with more than one third in the Emergency Medical Services. In addition to its spacious cabin and its outstanding performance, the reliability and the safety of the MD Explorer make it an ideal choice for paramedical operations.
Recently the Air Operations Unit of the West Yorkshire Police and Humberside Police Authority in the UK both announced that they had logged more than 10,000 hours of flight time in their MD Explorers.
Powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada 207E engines with 720 shaft horsepower per engine, the MD Explorer has the highest payload in the light-twin class. With a maximum gross weight of 6,500 pounds (2948 kg), it boasts exceptional power for take-off and landing on elevated platforms. The Category A rating allows for continuity of takeoff with safe return to the takeoff point in the event of a failure of one of its engines.
The NOTAR system makes the MD Explorer the quietest and safest helicopter in its class and ideal for EMS operations. The MD Explorer is certified by the FAA, China’s CAAC, Russia’s MAK and Europe’s EASA for Category A and single pilot instrument flight rule (IFR) operations.
- MD overhauls CoxHealth MD902
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145