Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, congratulates Robinson Helicopter Company on achieving certification of the new R66. The helicopter was FAA certified October 25 during a ceremony held at the Robinson facility in Torrance, CA.
The R66 is powered by a single Rolls-Royce RR300 turboshaft engine and is the first turbine powered model in Robinsonâ€™s product line. The RR300 offers ample power, true multi-fuel capability, turbine engine responsiveness, smoothness and worry-free reliability.
Ken Roberts, Rolls-Royce President â€“ Helicopter Engines, said â€œRolls-Royce is pleased to congratulate Robinson on certification of the R66. Robinson Helicopter is known for their quality products and has taken great care in creating the R66 model. Weâ€™re proud to be working with Robinson and supplying power for this new aircraft.â€
The R66 is a five-seat helicopter which includes a two-blade rotor system and open interior configuration. In relation to its predecessor, the R66 model has increased reserve power and altitude performance.
The relationship between Rolls-Royce and Robinson Helicopter Company began in 2005 with the signing of a Development Agreement and the two companies have worked closely since then to develop the RR300 engine which provides optimal performance and reliability.
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations