Richmond-based Helijet International (TSX: HJI) has secured an eight year contract with the BC Ambulance Service to provide three helicopters, flight and maintenance personnel for rotary air ambulance services based in Vancouver and Prince Rupert. The contract, valued at $94.7 million, also includes a four year extension option. The contract commences on April 1, 2011.
Helijet will provide three dedicated helicopters on call for 24 hour a day, seven days a week service 365 days a year. Two of the helicopters will be based at Helijetâ€™s company headquarters at Vancouver International Airport in Richmond. One helicopter will be based in Prince Rupert.
â€œEveryone at Helijet is proud that weâ€™ve been entrusted with the responsibility of transporting this provinceâ€™s critically ill patients,â€ said Danny Sitnam, President and CEO, Helijet. â€œWeâ€™re looking forward to the continued provision of safe, reliable air ambulance service for British Columbians over the next eight years.â€
Helijet will acquire Sikorsky S-76C+ model helicopters for the contract and will require a staff of 45 professionals to manage fly and maintain the equipment. The helicopters will be equipped with the latest operating and safety system advancements to provide the highest level of mission safety and reliability.
Helijet is a registered offsetter to British Columbiaâ€™s Pacific Carbon Trust (PCT) and will offset all of the BC Air Ambulance contract helicopters creating a 100% carbon-neutral footprint throughout the term of the service contract. Helijetâ€™s scheduled helicopter service business unit is a recognized carbon offsetter.
Helijet has been under contract with the BC Ambulance Service, operating two dedicated helicopters based in Vancouver for over 12 years and turbo-jet fixed wing aircraft for more than 5 years.
Helijet is a Canadian-owned company and is North Americaâ€™s largest scheduled helicopter service, carrying over 1.9 million passengers in the past 24 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and turbojet aircraft for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients.
- Island Express Helicopters sues ATC over Kobe Bryant accident
- 25-Aug-20 N276TH Sikorsky S76C West Palm Beach, US-Florida
- Korea – Corporate operator Posco to make corporate S76s available for EMS work
- Sikorsky S76C – FAA AD 2020-0212 – RDAU software
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé