An education campaign, aimed at reducing the number of airspace infringements, has been launched by the Airspace & Safety Initiative (ASI), the broad-based coalition tasked with tackling UK airspace safety risks. Information packs, containing listening squawk information cards, radio best practice kneepads, magazines and interactive CDs, are being sent to all flying schools in the South East of England for distribution to student pilots and qualified pilots hiring aircraft.
Giles Porter, Chairman of the ASI Communications Group, said: â€œFlying instructors are the key contact with pilots â€“ through initial flight training, additional ratings, re-validation training flights and general contact through flying schools and clubs. We are therefore asking for their help to move airspace safety on to the next level.
â€œWe are particularly keen to get educational material to pilots who hire aircraft, as statistically they are responsible for a high percentage of all airspace infringements.â€
The packs are being distributed to Chief Flying Instructors throughout November.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers