This global Innovation Award coordinated by Aviation Week put the Helimod right in the world aviation spotlight and sparked a great deal of interest.
The Helimod’s re-configurability along with its robust design, small footprint, low cost and realistic force trim function and control loading all contributed to it being considered for an award.
Managing Director Chris Ryan said he was delighted that the Helimod had achieved this level of acclaim saying that there has been very positive feedback from the demonstrations over the past six months at shows in the US, Europe and the UK.
More information about the awards can be found here.
The images below show how an aircraft specific “module” can easily be attached to the main base unit (or swapped over) in just minutes.
Uses of the Helimod include:
* Mission rehearsal
* Familiarization flights
* Weather avoidance / interaction
* Part-task trainer (PTT)
* Emergency procedures
* NAV training
* Lab work / testing
* Human factors analysis
* DIS role player
* Combined arms training
* Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
* Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring