This global Innovation Award coordinated by Aviation Week put the Helimod right in the world aviation spotlight and sparked a great deal of interest.
The Helimod’s re-configurability along with its robust design, small footprint, low cost and realistic force trim function and control loading all contributed to it being considered for an award.
Managing Director Chris Ryan said he was delighted that the Helimod had achieved this level of acclaim saying that there has been very positive feedback from the demonstrations over the past six months at shows in the US, Europe and the UK.
More information about the awards can be found here.
The images below show how an aircraft specific “module” can easily be attached to the main base unit (or swapped over) in just minutes.
Uses of the Helimod include:
* Mission rehearsal
* Familiarization flights
* Weather avoidance / interaction
* Part-task trainer (PTT)
* Emergency procedures
* NAV training
* Lab work / testing
* Human factors analysis
* DIS role player
* Combined arms training
* Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
* Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade