This global Innovation Award coordinated by Aviation Week put the Helimod right in the world aviation spotlight and sparked a great deal of interest.
The Helimod’s re-configurability along with its robust design, small footprint, low cost and realistic force trim function and control loading all contributed to it being considered for an award.
Managing Director Chris Ryan said he was delighted that the Helimod had achieved this level of acclaim saying that there has been very positive feedback from the demonstrations over the past six months at shows in the US, Europe and the UK.
More information about the awards can be found here.
The images below show how an aircraft specific “module” can easily be attached to the main base unit (or swapped over) in just minutes.
Uses of the Helimod include:
* Mission rehearsal
* Familiarization flights
* Weather avoidance / interaction
* Part-task trainer (PTT)
* Emergency procedures
* NAV training
* Lab work / testing
* Human factors analysis
* DIS role player
* Combined arms training
* Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
* Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan