DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their affiliated partner, DART Aerospace Ltd., has received Transport Canada approval for their patent pending new design of Bearpaw, called the Ultrapawâ„¢, for the Bell 429 model of aircraft. FAA and EASA approvals are pending.
DART Aerospace has applied a brand new product line, the patent pending Ultrapawâ„¢, to a brand new aircraft, the Bell 429.
The new DART Lightweight Ultrapawâ„¢ has evolved from its predecessor, the highly successful UHMW Bearpaw. The Ultrapawâ„¢ is constructed using innovative technology and ultra lightweight material, and has a large footprint for additional support in soft terrain. For the same area, the material used in the Ultrapawâ„¢ is at least 15 percent lighter than any comparable product currently available on the market.
Weight savings has not come with a sacrifice in performance however. The new lightweight Ultrapawâ„¢ still features a one-piece construction that ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. The material resists cracking, chipping and breaking and is flexible so it can deflect under high-point contact loads and return to its original shape after take-off.
For superior anti-slip and wear protection, the new lightweight Ultrapawsâ„¢ include tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars.
* 15 percent lighter weight material
* Tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars
* Easy installation
* Anti-slip/wear protection
â€œThis new patent pending design provides all the benefits of our original Bearpaw but with the advantage of being constructed of a lighter weight material. DART was extremely pleased to have been able to work with Bell 429 owner Mr. Bob Dengler and National Helicopters to complete this project in record time,â€ said Bill Beckett, General Manager of DART Aerospace Ltd.
DART Helicopter Services LLC. is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DARTâ€™s global marketing network and sales channel. DART is the logical choice for rotary wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support. DARTâ€™S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 450 STCâ€™s and manufacture over 500 products. With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 2,800 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide.
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018