Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL) Sunday unveiled the first Sikorsky-92 helicopter cabin manufactured at its facility at the aerospace and precision engineering Special Economic Zone (SEZ) on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
TASL is scheduled to deliver the first cabin later this month to US-based Sikorsky Aircraft Corp, one of the worldâ€™s largest helicopter manufacturers and a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.
The cabin was unveiled at a glittering ceremony at the SEZ in the presence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah, Tata Sons Chairman Ratan N. Tata and United Technologies Chairman Louis Chenevert.
â€˜The delivery of the Sikorsky S-92 cabin is on schedule and an important milestone for Tatasâ€™ plans for the aerospace industry,â€™ said Tata.
Sikorsky and Tata had signed an agreement in June 2009 for Tata Advanced Systems to manufacture cabins for Sikorsky S-92 helicopters.
â€˜We look forward to a long, successful collaboration as we work together to meet the growing needs of India and the overall helicopter market in the coming years,â€™ said Chenevert.
He said India was joining its global partners for S-92 helicopters that include Spain, China, Taiwan and Brazil.
The cabins for S-92 are currently made in Japan but it would now be done by TASL at its facility here.
- Caverton launches S92 operations in Nigeria
- 27-Dec-20 G-MCSK Sikorsky S92 Aberdeen, UK
- CHC Norway wins S92 contract with Equinor and Var Energi
- 08-Dec-20 G-CLHW Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- ITP Aero signs contract to provide engine MRO for CHC S92 and AW189
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Stavangar, Norway
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract