During Airshow China in Zuhai, Turbomeca (Safran group), leading manufacturer of gas turbines for helicopters, announces the signature of a contract for 80 Arriel 2C engines kits with AVIC International (AVIC International Holding Corporation) under the witness of SAIC (South Aero-engine Industry Corporation). First deliveries are scheduled for 2011.
â€œIn the frame of our cooperation agreement, I am happy to see that SAIC confirm their confidence with this new order.â€ said Pierre Fabre, chairman & CEO of Turbomeca.
Arriel 2C engine. In 2005, a cooperation agreement was signed with AVIC (China Aviation Industry Corporation), for the delivery of more than 160 Arriel 2C under license. The success of licensed Arriel 2C has been confirmed in 2008 through 80 additional orders.
Turbomeca in China
* The engine manufacturer is continuing and creating even closer links between Chinese and French industries
* Local presence and proximity support are reinforced with Turbomeca (Beijing) Helicopter Engines, increasing the Turbomeca assistance to the operators locally.
* Furthermore, Turbomeca performed industrial worksharing with Beijing Turbomeca Changkong, the first joint company between Turbomeca and an AVIC company, to assemble and tests the hydro-mechanical modules (HCU, FCU) of turbine engines.
* Powering 300 helicopters in China, Turbomeca is the leading helicopter engine supplier in China: one helicopter out of two is equipped with Turbomeca engines or licensed products.
Turbomeca has established ties with Chinese airframers HAIG (Harbin Aircraft Industries Group) & CAIG (Changhe Aircraft Industry Group), as well as with AVIC’s helicopter engine manufacturing entities Dongan and SAIC through various collaboration programs in the 2.5 to 7 ton helicopter market.
Turbomeca (Safran group) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced over 68 000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Dedicated to 2,350 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 26 Maintenance Centers, 24 Repair & Overhaul Centers and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International