Resource-rich Papua New Guinea is undergoing an unprecedented economic boom and massive technological transformation as the countryâ€™s national building vision becomes reality.
Playing a significant role in this growth is Heliwest which has won a two-year contract with major telecommunications operator Digicel for the construction of mobile phone towers across PNG.
Heliwest is Australiaâ€™s leading onshore helicopter service provider.
Heliwestâ€™s Papua New Guinea partner company, Helifix, will provide skills transfer, training of PNG helicopter pilots and join Digicel in opening up opportunities for local employment.
Heliwest Chief Executive Officer David Grimes said he was excited such a respected telecommunications firm as Digicel had chosen Helifix to participate in such an extensive and important project. â€œThe installation of communication towers across a country such as Papua New Guinea is a massive project given the largely inhospitable terrain where many of these structures will be located,â€ he said.
â€œHowever we believe our Bell 212 aircraft is ideal for this program, one that is so vital to Papua New Guineaâ€™s nation building program.â€
Digicel has 11-million customers across 32 markets worldwide.
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Alpine Aerotech Receives FAA and EASA STC for Bell 212 Digital Instruments
- AeroBrigham Showcases Vintage Bell 212 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Alpine Aerotech Develops Digital Flight Instrument Solution
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Eagle Copters Selects Caution Panel for B212 NVG Upgrade
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Bell Strengthens Customer Support Capabilities in Europe
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- US Coast Guard contracts with Erickson in Alaska
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel
- Abu Dhabi Aviation reaches 1,000,000 hours on Bell fleet