North Texas based, Uniflight has announced the recent overhaul and refurbishment of five Bell 412 helicopters for the Honduran Air Force. The extensive project included a complete overhaul and inspection of the airframe, engines and all dynamic components as well as an avionics upgrade and modernization. Much of the work was performed in Honduras with components shipped to Uniflight’s main facility in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Uniflight Chairman and CEO, Joseph Hawke commented, “Uniflight continues to provide the finest helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul capabilities anywhere in the world and this significant project is just one more example of our continuing growth, success, and market diversification. These five aircraft have not been operational for several years but with our expertise, all five are back flying and in service.
Joseph Hawke and several of his team members from Uniflight attended a ceremony on October 28, 2010 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras commemorating the return of the helicopters to active duty. Also in attendance at the special ceremony was the Honduran President, Porfirio Lobo Sosa. Hawke presented a model of the Bell 412 to President Lobo as sincere thanks and recognition of the extensive project.
Uniflight is expanding its capabilities with the addition of both technical staff and equipment to meet the increasing demands for their specialized products and services. The company’s facilities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Reading, Pennsylvania and Rome, New York include over fifty professional and technical staff to support the broad range of services offered for airplanes and helicopters. The company will also soon be moving to a larger facility located at the Grand Prairie Texas airport (KGPM).
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135