The Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS) has launched the second of two Dauphin Eurocopter AS 365 N2 helicopters it has bought from Multiflight.
Both of the Dauphin helicopters will be managed and crewed by Multiflight. The first Dauphin bought from Multiflight was launched into service by GNAAS earlier this year.
Multiflight Managing Director Steve Borrowdale said: â€œMultiflight is delighted to be the company chosen to help and support GNAAS with buying two helicopters, as well as the management and crewing of both aircraft.
â€œThe two new helicopters will be a great asset to the valuable service that the charity provides.â€
GNAAS unveiled the newest addition to its growing fleet this week. The Dauphin helicopter replaces the old â€˜Pride of Cumbriaâ€™. The lease of this helicopter expired at the beginning of the month. For the first time in the charityâ€™s history it has decided to purchase its own helicopters rather than leasing them, which in the long term will be more cost-efficient.
This new generation helicopter may look similar to the last, but it has upgraded engines allowing for greater speed and endurance – reaching speeds up to 200 miles per hour. To put that into perspective it can fly from Whitehaven to Newcastle in 28 minutes and Penrith to Carlisle in 5 minutes. It has also been kitted out with the latest medical equipment and has been described as a flying A&E unit.
GNAAS Chief Executive Grahame Pickering said: “This will be the third helicopter we have dedicated to Cumbria as part of ongoing improvements and commitment GNAAS has to the region. We are very grateful to Multiflight for supporting the charity through the difficult process of purchasing two helicopters. The charity believes that buying its own aircraft, rather than leasing as it has done in the past, will be more cost-effective in the long term.â€
For more details about the Great North Air Ambulance Service go to www.greatnorthairambulance.co.uk.
- French Navy Tests New Navalized Version Of AS365 Dauphin SAR
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs