Sun Valley Heli Ski Guides has selected Reeder Flying Service as their helicopter provider for the 2010/11 ski season. Sun Valley Heli Ski is the oldest heli ski operation in the continental US and is celebrating itsâ€™ 45th year of operation. It operates out of Sun Valley Resort and the Smoky Mountain Lodge; the only fly in heli ski lodge in the lower 48. In 2008, Sun Valley Heli Ski became part of EpicQuest, which also owns and operates Chugach Powder Guides, Alaskaâ€™s largest heli ski provider. Reeder Flying Service is located in Twin Falls and has been in operation since 1941. It was an aviation pioneer in Idaho and continues to be one of the leading aviation companies in Idaho.
Reeder will be providing a Eurocopter A-Star B-2 helicopter which will be piloted by Steve West, Chief Pilot for Reeder and Lon Stickney, long time Sun Valley Heli Ski pilot. â€œUtilizing a local helicopter provider like Reeder has huge operational advantage for us and we are very excited that Reeder is once again providing helicopters to the heli ski industryâ€ says Scott Desserault, Business Manager for Sun Valley Heli. â€œReeder has an outstanding safety record and some of the finest equipment in the industry.â€
â€œWe are very excited and proud to be working with Sun Valley Ski Guides and look forward to many years of heli skiing and possible future development of what we can do togetherâ€ says Reeder CEO Gerald Haye.
Sun Valley Heli Ski will begin operations on January 6th, 2011 and will continue until the end of March, conditions permitting.
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract