Sun Valley Heli Ski Guides has selected Reeder Flying Service as their helicopter provider for the 2010/11 ski season. Sun Valley Heli Ski is the oldest heli ski operation in the continental US and is celebrating itsâ€™ 45th year of operation. It operates out of Sun Valley Resort and the Smoky Mountain Lodge; the only fly in heli ski lodge in the lower 48. In 2008, Sun Valley Heli Ski became part of EpicQuest, which also owns and operates Chugach Powder Guides, Alaskaâ€™s largest heli ski provider. Reeder Flying Service is located in Twin Falls and has been in operation since 1941. It was an aviation pioneer in Idaho and continues to be one of the leading aviation companies in Idaho.
Reeder will be providing a Eurocopter A-Star B-2 helicopter which will be piloted by Steve West, Chief Pilot for Reeder and Lon Stickney, long time Sun Valley Heli Ski pilot. â€œUtilizing a local helicopter provider like Reeder has huge operational advantage for us and we are very excited that Reeder is once again providing helicopters to the heli ski industryâ€ says Scott Desserault, Business Manager for Sun Valley Heli. â€œReeder has an outstanding safety record and some of the finest equipment in the industry.â€
â€œWe are very excited and proud to be working with Sun Valley Ski Guides and look forward to many years of heli skiing and possible future development of what we can do togetherâ€ says Reeder CEO Gerald Haye.
Sun Valley Heli Ski will begin operations on January 6th, 2011 and will continue until the end of March, conditions permitting.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics