Sun Valley Heli Ski Guides has selected Reeder Flying Service as their helicopter provider for the 2010/11 ski season. Sun Valley Heli Ski is the oldest heli ski operation in the continental US and is celebrating itsâ€™ 45th year of operation. It operates out of Sun Valley Resort and the Smoky Mountain Lodge; the only fly in heli ski lodge in the lower 48. In 2008, Sun Valley Heli Ski became part of EpicQuest, which also owns and operates Chugach Powder Guides, Alaskaâ€™s largest heli ski provider. Reeder Flying Service is located in Twin Falls and has been in operation since 1941. It was an aviation pioneer in Idaho and continues to be one of the leading aviation companies in Idaho.
Reeder will be providing a Eurocopter A-Star B-2 helicopter which will be piloted by Steve West, Chief Pilot for Reeder and Lon Stickney, long time Sun Valley Heli Ski pilot. â€œUtilizing a local helicopter provider like Reeder has huge operational advantage for us and we are very excited that Reeder is once again providing helicopters to the heli ski industryâ€ says Scott Desserault, Business Manager for Sun Valley Heli. â€œReeder has an outstanding safety record and some of the finest equipment in the industry.â€
â€œWe are very excited and proud to be working with Sun Valley Ski Guides and look forward to many years of heli skiing and possible future development of what we can do togetherâ€ says Reeder CEO Gerald Haye.
Sun Valley Heli Ski will begin operations on January 6th, 2011 and will continue until the end of March, conditions permitting.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA