FORT WORTH, TEXAS (December 6, 2010) â€“ Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, was awarded a $27M contract to provide the Yemen government with a comprehensive mission package to support military requirements.
The package includes: four commercially designated Huey II aircraft, pilot and maintenance training, spares, special tooling and dedicated service representatives.
â€œThis contract award is the result of a true team effort,â€ said John L. Garrison, Bell Helicopter president and chief executive officer. â€œWe are delighted to partner with AMCOM, DCAA and DCMA to provide the Yemen Government with aircraft and support that not only adds value to their mission, but are expected to be delivered ahead of schedule.â€
Initial requirements for the contract were identified in early January, culminating with contract award in late September 2010. All four aircraft are complete and supporting training activities at Bellâ€™s Customer Center.
The aircraft are expected to deliver in January 2011 and will be operational less than one year from when the initial requirements were identified. Spares and tools have already been shipped to support the operation.
â€œBuilt on the foundation of proven reliability, the Huey II delivers increased mission capabilities and the performance enhancements needed to ensure the success of the Yemen Governmentâ€™s mission requirements,â€ said Larry Roberts, senior vice president commercial business.
Based on the proven Bell UH-1H helicopter, the Huey II configuration adds a more powerful engine, new dynamic components and tailboom, a new navigation and communication suite, and complete rewiring to an existing hull; significantly increasing in hover performance and gross weight, while lowering direct operating costs.
Bellâ€™s industry leading Customer Support and Service organization will also provide training for 12 Yemen pilots and 32 Yemen maintenance technicians as well as a dedicated team of support representatives including a pilot and maintenance technicians to help start the operation.
â€œAt Bell Helicopter, we arenâ€™t just selling aircraft, we are working with our customers to provide complete aircraft and support solutions necessary to meet their missions. This contract is testament to that commitment,â€ said Garrison.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tilt rotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company , Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- 19-Aug-20 N711GH Bell UH-1 Coalinga, US-California (1F)
- 10-Aug-20 (serial tba) Bell UH-1N Middleburg, US-Virginia
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- FAA certifies new Bell 204/205/UH-1 blades from HTC
- 18-Oct-19 TI-AZM Bell UH-1H Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 08-Mar-19 N64RA Bell UH-1B Olympic Peninsula, US-Washington (1F)
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)