8-Dec-2010 Source: HFI
Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is pleased to announce that the deadline to apply for the 2011 series of scholarships has been extended to December 31, 2010. HFI scholarships are designed to answer the need for qualified helicopter pilots and maintenance technicians, and to provide further training for safety managers and other professionals in the safety field.
* Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship (four (4) $5,000)
* Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship (six (6) $2,500)
* Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship (seven (7) up to $1,600)
* Michelle North Scholarship for Safety (one (1) $3,000)
* Baines Simmons Americas Effective Event Investigation (one (1) $1,350)
* Baines Simmons Americas Safety Management Systems for Leaders (one (1) $600)
* Baines Simmons Americas Introduction to Safety Management Systems (one (1) $600)
To apply, visit: www.helicopterfoundation.org, and click on â€œPrograms,â€ then click on â€œScholarships.â€ All applications must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2010, and received at HFI by January 10, 2011. Mail to: HFI Scholarships, 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2818. Electronic submissions (preferred) can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Neatness, completeness, and accuracy do count. Additional pages requested must be supplied. Be sure to carefully read the requirements for each scholarship before applying.
Scholarship winners will be announced prior to HAIâ€™s HELI-EXPO 2011, March 5-8, in Orlando, Florida. Winners will receive a full registration to HELI-EXPO 2011 and a complimentary ticket to the â€œSalute to Excellenceâ€ dinner. Winners will be introduced at the HELI-EXPO 2011Membership Breakfast. Winners will be responsible for all transportation and housing expenses.
Founded in 1983, the Helicopter Foundation International is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, dedicated to preserving and promoting the rich history and heritage of the helicopter and of the industryâ€™s service to mankind, helping to promote the helicopter industry as an exciting career choice for young people.