WWRE 2011 is an open house and family event sponsored by the Los Alamitos Area Chamber of Commerce and the California National Guards Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB). All the activities will take place on the flightline on Los Alamitos Army Airfield (KSLI).
Los Alamitos Army Airfield is the last remaining military airfield in the greater LA/Orange County areas with the longest runways in the OC. The JFTB is also the disaster support area for S. California.
On display will be military aircraft, helicopters, many cars, and warbirds, along with public safety, first responder, and military equipment. Aircraft flyovers are planned including aircraft static displays.
Wings Wheels & Rotors will have various civilian and public safety helicopters with fire, police, and military rotorcraft including some of the media aircraft seen daily on the air around SoCal. Along with the airplanes and warbirds are helicopter flights in civilian “choppers” for a small fee. There will be free flights in general aviation airplanes by the Experimental Aircraft Association Young Eagles for those between the ages of 8 and 17 years interested in flying and aviation.
The largest event will be a huge car show including custom cars, new autos, motorcycles, roadsters, antique vehicles, and hot rods – awards to be presented for best cars. There will be many events for the family at WWRE 2011 along with a Kids Korner. Additionally, there will be food, including breakfast, music, vendors, displays, demonstrations, flybys and other activities on Sunday, 23 October.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the JFTB Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) funds to support the armed forces personnel on the base. Sponsor opportunities and vendor space available. Check with the Los Al Chamber of Commerce at 562-598-6659. Free admission, free parking. Donations accepted. No Smoking, dogs, bikes or alcohol permitted. Open to the public. Picture I.D. required to enter the base
SUNDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2011
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM (0900 -1600hrs)
LOS ALAMITOS ARMY AIRFIELD, JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
California National Guard
11200 Lexington Drive (for Map Quest)
Los Alamitos, California 90720-5000 (OC Thomas Guide, pp 797)
(Katella at Lexington Dr)
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident