WWRE 2011 is an open house and family event sponsored by the Los Alamitos Area Chamber of Commerce and the California National Guards Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB). All the activities will take place on the flightline on Los Alamitos Army Airfield (KSLI).
Los Alamitos Army Airfield is the last remaining military airfield in the greater LA/Orange County areas with the longest runways in the OC. The JFTB is also the disaster support area for S. California.
On display will be military aircraft, helicopters, many cars, and warbirds, along with public safety, first responder, and military equipment. Aircraft flyovers are planned including aircraft static displays.
Wings Wheels & Rotors will have various civilian and public safety helicopters with fire, police, and military rotorcraft including some of the media aircraft seen daily on the air around SoCal. Along with the airplanes and warbirds are helicopter flights in civilian “choppers” for a small fee. There will be free flights in general aviation airplanes by the Experimental Aircraft Association Young Eagles for those between the ages of 8 and 17 years interested in flying and aviation.
The largest event will be a huge car show including custom cars, new autos, motorcycles, roadsters, antique vehicles, and hot rods – awards to be presented for best cars. There will be many events for the family at WWRE 2011 along with a Kids Korner. Additionally, there will be food, including breakfast, music, vendors, displays, demonstrations, flybys and other activities on Sunday, 23 October.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the JFTB Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) funds to support the armed forces personnel on the base. Sponsor opportunities and vendor space available. Check with the Los Al Chamber of Commerce at 562-598-6659. Free admission, free parking. Donations accepted. No Smoking, dogs, bikes or alcohol permitted. Open to the public. Picture I.D. required to enter the base
SUNDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2011
9:00 AM TO 4:00 PM (0900 -1600hrs)
LOS ALAMITOS ARMY AIRFIELD, JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
California National Guard
11200 Lexington Drive (for Map Quest)
Los Alamitos, California 90720-5000 (OC Thomas Guide, pp 797)
(Katella at Lexington Dr)
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot