The National EMS Pilots Association is gathering feedback from helicopter EMS pilots on proposed regulations that may become the most far-reaching rules to date for the Air Medical industry.
The survey is for active EMS helicopter pilots only. The FAA Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) that addresses the safety of commercial helicopter operations is currently accepting public comment on the FAA website. You can read a brief summary of the NPRM via a link on the NEMSPA website at www.nemspa.org. The pilots association has initiated a survey to gather the opinions of air medical helicopter pilots on the specific issues of VFR pre-flight planning requirements for HEMS operations and on issues pertaining to IFR flying and inadvertent entry into IMC.
The surveys that NEMSPA has conducted during recent years have provided information that is being used by programs in the air medical industry to improve their safety cultures. The surveys have also been used by operators and by federal regulators to gain a more accurate picture of the current state of the industry from the critical viewpoints of EMS pilots. This survey is an opportunity for air medical pilots to collectively provide data and to express their professional opinions in a forum that may influence regulations that will determine the future course of the nationwide air medical industry. All active air medical helicopter pilots are encouraged to complete the 5-minute survey.
If you are currently an air medical helicopter pilot, please complete this short (about 5 minutes) survey via the link on the NEMSPA website.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid