The National EMS Pilots Association is gathering feedback from helicopter EMS pilots on proposed regulations that may become the most far-reaching rules to date for the Air Medical industry.
The survey is for active EMS helicopter pilots only. The FAA Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) that addresses the safety of commercial helicopter operations is currently accepting public comment on the FAA website. You can read a brief summary of the NPRM via a link on the NEMSPA website at www.nemspa.org. The pilots association has initiated a survey to gather the opinions of air medical helicopter pilots on the specific issues of VFR pre-flight planning requirements for HEMS operations and on issues pertaining to IFR flying and inadvertent entry into IMC.
The surveys that NEMSPA has conducted during recent years have provided information that is being used by programs in the air medical industry to improve their safety cultures. The surveys have also been used by operators and by federal regulators to gain a more accurate picture of the current state of the industry from the critical viewpoints of EMS pilots. This survey is an opportunity for air medical pilots to collectively provide data and to express their professional opinions in a forum that may influence regulations that will determine the future course of the nationwide air medical industry. All active air medical helicopter pilots are encouraged to complete the 5-minute survey.
If you are currently an air medical helicopter pilot, please complete this short (about 5 minutes) survey via the link on the NEMSPA website.
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- The Cabri G2 received its validation from Russia
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands