TEMPE, Ariz., December 8, 2010 â€“ Composite tail rotor blade manufacturer Van Horn Aviation (VHA) recently added two Canadian companies as authorized dealers for its composite tail rotor blades. AOG Heli Services (www.aogheliservices.com) based at Norman Rogers Airport in Kingston, Ontario, and Avialta Helicopter Maintenance Ltd. (www.avialta.com) based at Villeneuve Airport in Edmonton, Alberta, have been added to the network of dealers authorized to sell VHA tail rotor blades for 206B/L, OH-58 and UH-1 helicopters.
â€œWe had ordered a set of VHA blades for use on our 206 lease fleet before we became dealers because we had heard about the lower direct operating costs, lower noise, and better performance at high altitudes,â€ said Jared Doell, Avialta Director of Maintenance. â€œSo far everything is as advertised.â€
Avialta and AOG share exclusivity for the Canadian market, but are non-exclusive in terms of geographic area within Canada. All inquiries received from Canadian operators will be referred to both dealers.
The VHA 206B/L tail rotor blade features corrosion and damage-resistant carbon fiber skin, titanium root fitting, electroformed nickel abrasion strip, and stainless steel pitch bearings. Its NASA-designed laminar flow airfoil and shaped tip reduce overall aircraft noise by up to 40 percent according to FAA-mandated acoustics testing, while increasing tail rotor authority and power available, especially at high altitudes. The VHA 206B/Lblades also feature a 5,000-hour service life, which is double the life of the OEM blade.
About Van Horn Aviation
Based in Tempe, Ariz., Van Horn Aviation specializes in the design, certification and manufacturing of aftermarket dynamic components for various rotorcraft. Its current products include a composite tail rotor blade certified for the Bell 206B3, 206L series and OH-58, and a carbon fiber tail rotor blade for various models of the UH-1. For more information, contact VHA distributor TRACE Worldwide at 310-791-5500 or visit www.vanhornaviation.com.
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada