Canadian Helicopters Income Fund (CHL.UN) (the “Fund”) announced today the closing of the conversion of the Fund from an income trust to a dividend paying corporation by way of plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) as further described in the Fund’s management information circular dated May 13, 2010. The completion of the Arrangement resulted in the reorganization of the Fund’s income trust structure into a new public corporation named Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. (“New CH”).
As a result, each Fund unitholder will be entitled to receive from the Fund an amount equal to $0.091875 for each Fund unit in payment of the last monthly distribution and, from New CH, one New CH common share (“CHL.A”) in exchange for each Fund unit. New CH common shares received by non-residents were subsequently exchanged for variable voting shares (“CHL.B”) in connection with the Arrangement.Â It is expected that unitholders will receive the New CH shares and the December distribution on or about January 4, 2011.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS INCOME FUND
Through Canadian Helicopters Limited, Canadian Helicopters Income Fund is the largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada and one of the largest in the world based on the size of its fleet. With over 35 base locations across Canada, Canadian Helicopters provides helicopter services to a broad range of sectors, including emergency medical services, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, oil and gas, mining, forestry and construction. In addition to helicopter transportation services, Canadian Helicopters operates two flight schools, provides third party repair and maintenance services in Canada and provides military support in Afghanistan. With over 60 years of experience, Canadian Helicopters is an industry leader in establishing safety standards and operating procedures.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria