Canadian Helicopters Income Fund (CHL.UN) (the “Fund”) announced today the closing of the conversion of the Fund from an income trust to a dividend paying corporation by way of plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) as further described in the Fund’s management information circular dated May 13, 2010. The completion of the Arrangement resulted in the reorganization of the Fund’s income trust structure into a new public corporation named Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. (“New CH”).
As a result, each Fund unitholder will be entitled to receive from the Fund an amount equal to $0.091875 for each Fund unit in payment of the last monthly distribution and, from New CH, one New CH common share (“CHL.A”) in exchange for each Fund unit. New CH common shares received by non-residents were subsequently exchanged for variable voting shares (“CHL.B”) in connection with the Arrangement.Â It is expected that unitholders will receive the New CH shares and the December distribution on or about January 4, 2011.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS INCOME FUND
Through Canadian Helicopters Limited, Canadian Helicopters Income Fund is the largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada and one of the largest in the world based on the size of its fleet. With over 35 base locations across Canada, Canadian Helicopters provides helicopter services to a broad range of sectors, including emergency medical services, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, oil and gas, mining, forestry and construction. In addition to helicopter transportation services, Canadian Helicopters operates two flight schools, provides third party repair and maintenance services in Canada and provides military support in Afghanistan. With over 60 years of experience, Canadian Helicopters is an industry leader in establishing safety standards and operating procedures.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management