Canadian Helicopters Income Fund (CHL.UN) (the “Fund”) announced today the closing of the conversion of the Fund from an income trust to a dividend paying corporation by way of plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) as further described in the Fund’s management information circular dated May 13, 2010. The completion of the Arrangement resulted in the reorganization of the Fund’s income trust structure into a new public corporation named Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. (“New CH”).
As a result, each Fund unitholder will be entitled to receive from the Fund an amount equal to $0.091875 for each Fund unit in payment of the last monthly distribution and, from New CH, one New CH common share (“CHL.A”) in exchange for each Fund unit. New CH common shares received by non-residents were subsequently exchanged for variable voting shares (“CHL.B”) in connection with the Arrangement.Â It is expected that unitholders will receive the New CH shares and the December distribution on or about January 4, 2011.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS INCOME FUND
Through Canadian Helicopters Limited, Canadian Helicopters Income Fund is the largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada and one of the largest in the world based on the size of its fleet. With over 35 base locations across Canada, Canadian Helicopters provides helicopter services to a broad range of sectors, including emergency medical services, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, oil and gas, mining, forestry and construction. In addition to helicopter transportation services, Canadian Helicopters operates two flight schools, provides third party repair and maintenance services in Canada and provides military support in Afghanistan. With over 60 years of experience, Canadian Helicopters is an industry leader in establishing safety standards and operating procedures.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama