Orleans, MA — January 2011 â€“ Conklin & de Decker announced they will now offer Helicopter Maintenance Management â€“ Essential Tools for Your New Role, a seminar aimed at providing helicopter maintenance managers the tools needed to master their challenging position.
This program was presented by Conklin & de Decker for many years through the Helicopter Association International and will now be held for the first time in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on March 28th & 29th, 2011.
Every maintenance technician in an organization has the appropriate tools to maintain their aircraft but which tools do maintenance managers possess to meet their daily management duties? Do they have the necessary skills to manage personnel in the maintenance department, interact with other departments, and consume the organizationâ€™s resources efficiently?
This 2-day seminar will answer these questions and give current, new, and/or prospective maintenance managers the tools to gain control of the many complex variables faced in todayâ€™s dynamic environment.
The seminar will be presented by Brandon Battles, Vice President for Conklin & de Decker and Gary Potochnik, Vice President in charge of Certification and Quality Management at Rotorcraft Services Group, who have taught the courseâ€™s content for 15 years. The seminar will focus on:
The Principles of Management â€“ Explain what the basic principles are and how to apply certain techniques when working with people and the tasks they perform.
Financial Management â€“ Identify the reasons why budgets are important to an organization and how to build a budget for the maintenance department. A general overview of principles of finance and accounting will identify the maintenance departmentâ€™s responsibilities within the overall organization.
Inventory â€“ Explore the purpose of inventory and the various techniques that will make an inventory meet the organizationâ€™s operating objectives more effectively using fewer resources.
Information Systems â€“ To manage, one must control. To control, one must measure. To measure, one must have information. Identify the activities in the maintenance organization that typically consume the most resources and offer suggestions to develop systems that will assist in the measurement and control of those areas.
Regulatory Issues â€“ The technical aspects of the maintenance organization cannot be ignored due to their complexity and constantly changing nature. Review the latest and more complex issues involving regulations and their effect on your maintenance organization.
The Conklin & de Decker Helicopter Maintenance Management Seminar will be held on March 28th and 29th at the Sheraton Grand DFW Airport and costs $800 per person. An early registration discount of $200 is offered to anyone registering by February 6, 2011. To register or to learn more about this seminar go to www.conklindd.com or contact Pam Wise at [email protected] or call her at +1-817-277-6403.
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating over 25 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Orleans, Massachusetts, Arlington, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consult with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide. More information on their products and services, and copies of articles published can be found on their website, www.conklindd.com
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service