AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the Bulgarian Border Police has taken delivery of two additional AW109 Power light twin-engine helicopters and one AW139 medium twin-engine helicopter. The handover was performed during an official ceremony held at Sofia Airport on January 15th in the presence of representatives from the Bulgarian Government, Border Police and several other dignitaries.
These helicopters will provide a reliable air surveillance capability on the outer EU borders, as Bulgaria is expected to be a Schengen Zone Member shortly. The delivery of the AW139 marks the entrance of this helicopter model in the Bulgarian helicopter market. Due to the outstanding capabilities of these two AgustaWestland helicopter types, the Bulgarian Border Police is able to enhance its airborne law enforcement capabilities throughout the country and to patrol its sea and land borders. The two AW109 Powers and the AW139 add to an AW109 Power delivered in 2010, enlarging the Bulgarian Border Policeâ€™s helicopter fleet to four aircraft.
The AW109 Power is equipped with an impressive range of state-of-the-art avionics and mission-dedicated equipment including a NVG-compatible cockpit, moving map display, weather radar, searchlight, external loudspeaker, HD FLIR, digital video downlink, video recorder, mission console and a sophisticated integrated radio suite for tactical communications and airborne command & control functions.
The AW109 Power law enforcement variant is designed to perform a wide range of security duties to meet the changing demands of law enforcement: patrol, surveillance and tactical operations, state border control, counter terrorism, search and rescue, armed interdiction and other homeland security missions. Numerous law enforcement and security agencies around the world have chosen the AW109 Power to fulfil their requirements in Japan, China, Italy, the USA, Latvia, Chile, United Kingdom and Slovenia. Over 470 helicopters have been sold in almost 50 countries worldwide to date to perform law enforcement, EMS, VIP/corporate transport and harbour pilot shuttle missions.
The Bulgarian Border Policeâ€™s AW139 will provide a greatly enhanced aerial policing service in the country as well as a comprehensive SAR capability over the sea and in mountainous areas. The Bulgarian Border Policeâ€™s AW139 features an advanced range of dedicated mission equipment including an Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) and Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), moving map, weather/search radar,Â emergency floats, double rescue hoist, rappelling rings, external loudspeaker, searching light, NVG-compatible cockpit, HD FLIR, video downlink, mission console and a sophisticated integrated radio suite for tactical communications and airborne command & control functions.
Numerous law enforcement and security agencies around the world have chosen the AW139 to fulfil their requirements in countries such as Japan, China, Italy and Estonia to name a few. Almost 500 aircraft have been sold in approximately 50 countries worldwide to nearly 140 customers to perform a number of roles including law enforcement, EMS/SAR, offshore transport, VIP/corporate transport, utility and government missions.
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109