Hangar One Avionics, a division of Schubach Aviation specializing in repairs and installation services for government and private aircraft, has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract by the Los Angeles County Sheriffâ€™s Department (LASD) to transform its new fleet of 14 Eurocopter AS 350 B2 helicopters into mission-ready aircraft.
Per the contract, Hangar One will equip each helicopter with state-of-the-art avionics and mission equipment. Among the equipment to be installed on each aircraft is a Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) camera system, with live video-feed-down linking capability. With the use of the on-board GPS-based mapping system and multi-band digital radio communications, the aircrew will have the ability to provide real-time support to law enforcement personnel and Command Operation Centers.
â€œThe installation project will fulfill the LASDâ€™s requirements for helicopter cockpit avionics and special mission equipment that are capable of superior performance in policing its vast territory of rural and urban communities,â€ said Ken Piland, manager of Hangar One Avionics. â€œThe newly equipped helicopters will be delivered to the LASD beginning in February 2011.â€
Hangar One was selected to perform the installation for the LASD based on its proven track record for servicing aircraft for airborne law enforcement agencies. With experience in both helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft modifications, Hanger One is one of the few facilities in the country capable of integrating modern airborne law enforcement equipment into aircraft. As a member of the Airborne Law Enforcement Association, Hangar One actively stays at the forefront of technologies needed by law enforcement agencies to perform their crime-prevention, safety and rescue missions. Other recent law enforcement clients of the firm include the San Diego Police, Tucson Police, East Bay Regional Park Police, Placer County Sheriff, Stanislaus County Sheriff, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, California Highway Patrol, and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
Headquartered in Monterey Park, Calif., the LASD is the seventh largest law enforcement agency in the United States and the nationâ€™s largest sheriffâ€™s department. The agency serves nearly 4 million residents in an area that covers more than 3,100 square miles.
About Hangar One Avionics:
Founded in 2007 as a division of Schubach Aviation, Hangar One Avionics is Southern Californiaâ€™s leading avionics company based at McClellan Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, Calif. As an FAA-certificated repair station and authorized sales and service center for avionics manufacturers, the company services both the law enforcement and business aviation aircraft communities. Hangar One employs a team of highly skilled and factory-trained technicians and design engineers to handle everything from fixed-wing and helicopter inspections, maintenance and modifications to major repairs, avionics and full cockpit retrofits. With in-house fabrication capabilities, the company is able to fulfill customer requests for avionics upgrades and completions of special mission aircraft. Hangar One also services Schubach Aviationâ€™s fleet of managed aircraft. More information is available on the web at www.h1avionics.com
About Schubach Aviation:
Schubach Aviation is San Diegoâ€™s premiere, on-demand charter aircraft carrier, providing the corporate community and leisure travelers with private aircraft charters to anywhere in the world. Founded in 1992 by Henry Schubach, the firm employs a team of highly experienced pilots, mechanics, and support staff at 2100 Palomar Airport Road in Carlsbad, Calif. and at Lindberg Field in central San Diego. Its fleet of managed aircraft includes two wide-bodied Bombardier Challenger 601s; a Gulfstream IV; five Hawkers; a Lear 55, Lear 35, Lear 36 and Lear 60; several light-weight Citations, including two factory-new CJ3’s; and a range of King Air turbo prop aircraft. More information about the company can be found on the web at www.schubachaviation.com
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada