21-Jan-2011 Source: Helihub.com
Bell has issued an internal memo officially telling employees of the Magellan program, “formerly known as Project X”.Â Evidently still mostly under wraps, nothing is given away as to the size of the helicopter or its capabilities, and we expect Bell to expand on this at the upcoming Heli-Expo in Orlando in early March.Â A Customer Advisory Panel – representing all of the industry segments we serve â€“ has been created to provide input and feedback throughout our product development process.
Speculation is rife on various online forums around the world.Â These seem to be mainly along the following three themes
– entry level turbine to counter the R66
– single engine version of the Bell 429, now in production
– adaption of the Bell 412 to meet the challenge of the AW139, S76D and EC155
Larry Thimmesch, Bell’s VP Commercial Programs will lead the team, while other members include
– Mike Cuppernull, Commercial Program Management
– Will Fulton, Commercial Marketing
– David King, Engineering
– Mike Tryon, Strategic Sourcing
– Chris Finch, Integrated Operations
– Brian Mesing, CSS
– Suzanne West, Finance
We look forward to Heli-Expo with interest.