Next week one AW101 Merlin and five AS550 Fennec helicopters will travel from Denmark to NorwayÂ to practice landings in the snow
Crews from 722 and 724 Squadrons are off to practice landings in the snow during the exercise appropriately called Exercise White Out.
Rescue helicopter Squadron 722, had a need arise to be able to land on snow already last winter.
“We got some eye-opening experiences with our landings compared to the amounts of snow we got last year and again this winter, so now it is important that we get to practice this thoroughly”, said Capt. Mark Christiansen.
Initially, two pilots and six crew from Squadron 722 will be in Norway for one week, restricted by the demands of the service they need to continue delivering back at home in Demark. It is somewhat easier for Squadron 724, who will take five AS550 Fennec helicopters to Norway for two weeks.
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase
- KONGSBERG and Leonardo sign agreements for NH-90 and AW101 helicopters