Heliworks, Inc., a Part 145 Repair Station based in Pensacola, Fla., and specializing in structural repair and rebuilds of Bell helicopters, recently completed rebuilds of two TH-67 (Bell 206B3) helicopters for the U.S. Army. According to Heliworks president Stephen Simpson, the implementation of Quantum Control aviation enterprise resource planning (ERP) software mid-way through the rebuild of the second TH-67 streamlined purchasing and other operations on this aircraft.
â€œWe purposely waited for the Quantum Control installation to buy the bulk of the 400 line items needed for the second TH-67,â€ said Simpson. â€œWhat would have previously taken up to a week to procure took literally just a few keystrokes in Quantum. The quoting system was so much easier than our previous system, and with Quantum everything is linked together so shipping and receiving was streamlined as well.â€
Produced by San Diego-based Component Control, Quantum Control is an aviation-specific ERP platform combining MRO, Aircraft Services, Hangar Management, Inventory management, Accounting, E-commerce, Sales and Invoicing, and other business functions into one integrated software suite. According to Simpson, the efficiencies gained from Quantum have already led to an increase in Heliworksâ€™ capability such that one goal of the 37-person repair station is to complete one helicopter rebuild per month in 2011. This is in addition to completing several Bell 206L1 to 206L4 upgrades and miscellaneous airframe repairs.
â€œWe currently have three rebuilds and 5 (Bell 206L1) tailbooms in the hangar,â€ said Simpson. â€œEach L1 to L4 upgrade takes up to 2000 man hours, and rebuilds take up to 4400 man hours. Before Quantum, we were losing track of man hours because there was no check and balance system. NowQuantum forces the mechanics to barcode in and out at the beginning and end of each step, and we know exactly how long it takes to complete each work order. This tracks our labor hours and allows us to more accurately quote customer projects.â€
About Heliworks, Inc.
Heliworks was founded in 1992 to provide 24/7 maintenance services for various models of helicopters at its facility on the Pensacola Regional Airport in Pensacola, Fla. A Bell Helicopter Customer Service Facility, Heliworks offers field maintenance and structural repair, including complete rebuilds, on Bell 206 series and 407 helicopters. Heliworks also offers maintenance, structure repair and completions for Eurocopter and Sikorsky helicopters. For more information, visit www.heliworks.com or call 1-866-733-4657.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of aviation management software solutions. Its core product, Quantum Control, is a powerful ERP application designed specifically for the aviation industry, providing advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution / redistribution companies.Â Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and is deployed also as a multinational solution.
Heliworks, Inc., will be a new exhibitor at Heli-Expo 2011, Booth No. 3613, March 5-8 in Orlando. Component Control will be exhibiting at Heli-Expo Booth No. 3417.
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Dakota Air Parts Displays New Composite Tail Rotor Blade at Heli-Expo
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois