DART Helicopter Services and its subsidiary Geneva Aviation have completed an agreement with FlightcellÂ® International, Ltd., that will enable commercial helicopter operators to install satellite telephone capabilities quickly and easily in rotorcraft.
DART and Geneva Aviation have pending Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for aÂ Flightcell â€œIridiumâ€ Satellite Phone System Installation Kit.Â The Geneva kit, which includes a lightweight phone cradle with or without the Flightcell DZM2 control panel, will be certified for installation in Eurocopter AS350 Ecureuil, AS355 Ecureuil 2 and Bell 206/407 helicopters.Â The system utilizes Iridium 9505/A or 9555 satellite phones (not included).Â Additional FAA certifications for other helicopters will be available in the future
â€œDART and Geneva Aviation have established a relationship with Flightcell International to provide state of the art helicopter satellite communication capability,â€ said Jeff Shapiro, DART Helicopter Services President and CEO.Â â€œHelicopter operators with an onboard satellite telephone link can offer their customers the same convenience commercial airline passengers enjoy during flight, keeping them constantly in the loop.â€
â€œGeneva Aviation is the ideal partner for Flightcell International,â€ Shapiro continued.Â â€œOur global distribution network, technical expertise and on-site installation support will make the addition of satellite communication capability in helicopters simple and affordable.â€
The system consists of the satellite phone handset cradle, DZM2 control panel, and Geneva proprietary mounting hardware.Â The DZM2 control panel is a user-configurable two-way voice and data system that uses Iridium satellite and cellular modem links with flight tracking to enable continuous communication.Â The DZM2 integrates satellite phone transceivers into the helicopter intercom system to provide global voice communications to all ICS stations, GPS position tracking, data transmission, air to ground file transmission, basic e-mail, and SMS text to and from helicopters, and an optional two-wire connection for wire or cordless phone use in the rotorcraft cabin.Â In addition, the Iridium handset can be removed from the cradle for communication away from the rotorcraft.
Geneva Aviation, Inc., founded in 1985, is wholly owned by DART Helicopter Services. The company provides a unique combination of certified equipment, on-site technical support and innovative solutions. Exceptional engineering capabilities, integration and certification experience, as well as a thorough understanding of new technologies ensuring that operators have the most reliable, user-friendly, and advanced products available, including avionics/switch consoles, power converters, audio, and video systems, as well as antenna mounts, instrument panels and composite transmission cowlings, instrument panel visors and seats.
Flightcell International specialises in the integration of satellite and cellular transceivers into Aircraft communications systems. In the late 1990â€™s Flightcell were the global innovators of portable systems for integrating handheld Audio devices (satellite and cell phones) into aircraft audio systems.
In the following decade Flightcell International has grown into a world leader for on board satellite voice, messaging, data, and event driven flight tracking systems. Through a series of high level and time pressured customer requirements, Flightcellâ€™s responsive and comprehensive government backed development program, enabled a range of products to beÂ created to suit a wide range of needs in the Military, government, law enforcement, air medical,Â and corporate aviation markets. Flightcell products now provide satellite (and cellular) voice, data and flight tracking solutions globally. For further information go to www.flightcell.net
About DART Helicopter Services
DART Helicopter Services LLC., has set a global standard for developing, producing and distributing outstanding helicopter accessories and components that improve rotary wing fleet operations. Headquartered in California, the company and its sales, marketing and service associates operate a worldwide network from many strategic locations serving more than 120 nations on six continents.Â DART has become the worldâ€™s largest rotorcraft accessory provider in just five years, offering more than 3,500 helicopter aftermarket products that improve rotorcraft safety, efficiency and reliability. The company also manufactures 600 components, and its network owns more than 600 Supplemental Type Certificates and 50 U.S. patents.Â Learn more about DART at www.darthelicopterservices.com.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase