CPI Aerostructures announced today that it has entered into a long term contract for a period of five years covering $17.7 million in structural assemblies and kits to be supplied to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. for its S-92 civil helicopter program. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The contract includes seventeen different deliverable items including door assemblies, cover assemblies, and various installation kits that contain detail parts and installation hardware used by Sikorsky to complete the final assembly of the S-92 helicopter. Each of the deliverable items are currently produced by CPI Aero for Sikorsky under separate purchase orders and were incorporated into this new five year contract to cover Sikorksy’s anticipated requirements for these items through 2016.
The S-92 helicopter is a technologically advanced aircraft in Sikorsky’s civil product line. The S-92 fleet spans several countries, and performs a number of missions, including Offshore Oil, Corporate VIP, Head of State and Search and Rescue.
‘We are very proud that Sikorsky, one of the world’s leading helicopter manufacturers, has once again selected us to provide important assemblies for its production requirements,’ stated Edward J. Fred, CPI Aero’s CEO & President. ‘This $17.7 million award is the largest contract CPI Aero has ever received from Sikorsky and validates the importance of our recent recognition as a UTC/Sikorsky Gold Supplier.’
About Sikorsky Aircraft
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacturing, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
About CPI Aero
CPI Aero is engaged in the contract production of structural and other aircraft parts for leading prime defense contractors, the U.S. Air Force, and other branches of the armed forces. In conjunction with its assembly operations, CPI Aero provides engineering, technical and program management services. Among the key programs that CPI Aero supplies are the E-2D Hawkeye surveillance aircraft, the UH-60 BLACK HAWK helicopter, the S-92 helicopter, the MH-60S mine countermeasure helicopter, the Gulfstream G650, C-5A Galaxy cargo jet, the A-10 Thunderbolt attack jet, and the E-3 Sentry AWACS jet. CPI Aero is included in the Russell Microcap Index.
The above statements include forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, which are described from time to time in CPI Aero’s SEC reports, including CPI Aero’s Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and Forms 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2010, June 30, 2010, and September 30, 2010.
CPI Aero is a registered trademark of CPI Aerostructures, Inc.
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too