Some 20 years after buying their fleet of four Bo105s, the Czech Police have finally retired the type.Â A total of four were acquired, two in 1991 with the second pair following the year after.Â Two were lost in accidents, one in April 1992 and the other in August 1999.
The Bo105 has been on the line for retirement ever since the Czech Police started to acquire EC135s in 2004, an acquisition policy which has now resulted in eight aircraft – the most recent of the Turbomeca-powered fleet delivered in 2008.Â A further five Bell 412s complete the fleet.
The remaining pair of Bo105s continued in operation until late 2010 when they were sold to Blue Sky Service in the town of Brno.Â Blue Sky were not reachable when HeliHub.com tried ascertaining what they will be using their two aircraft for.
Given the Czech Republic has a section of their register (prefix OK-) set aside for Government and Police aircraft, it was necessary for Blue Sky to re-register their acquisitions as OK-AAA and OK-BBB.
Heading photo credit ZdenÄ›k VanÄ›k
Photo credit Petr Soukop
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Indonesia withdraws Bo105 from UN work after concerns raise
- Onboard Systems BO105 Cargo Hook Kits Certified by FAA
- Happy 50th birthday to the Bo105
- 40th Anniversary for Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter Rescue Service
- Oceania Aviation Complete Upgrade Mod for BO105 Hoist
- Lack of visual clues was key contributor to Canadian Bo105 accident
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to upgrade from Bo105 to EC135
- Airbus extends UTair training approvals
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance flies 500th mission
- 28-Jan-15 Eurocopter Bo105 Cortes de la Frontera, Spain (2F)
- 24-Aug-14 HU.15-90 Airbus Bo105CBS-4 Marana, Spain (3F)
- New Brisbane police helicopter unveiled
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bo105 helicopter fleet passes 8,000,000 flight hours
- Great Western Air Ambulance targets August for EC135 upgrade
- UK – Trial flight phase for Bristol Royal Infirmary helipad
- Canadian Coast Guard helicopter procurement facing delays
- South Georgia Heritage Trust move Bo105 fleet maintenance to new supplier