REVUE THOMMEN of Waldenburg, Switzerland has announced their optional â€œpatent pendingâ€ IR internal filtering technology in the soon to be delivered HSL-1600 Helicopter Searchlight.
In the past the 1600 watt infrared searchlights in the fleet have employed an IR filter flap that flips down over the main searchlight lens to accomplish night vision capability. Necessarily, the aircraft is forced to slow down dramatically during the deployment of the filter, interrupting the mission until the filter is in place.
The REVUE THOMMEN IR filter is housed within the light assembly allowing deployment without a reduction in aircraft airspeed eliminating the interruption of the mission. A beam focus capability from 4Â° to 20Â° delivers IR visibility up to 1000 meters.
â€œOur searchlight has undergone extensive testing and practical flight trials under the scrutiny of major European helicopter OEMâ€™s and several large fleet operators in the law enforcement discipline and we met all expectations,â€ stated Rudolf Iten, THOMMENâ€™s Vice Chairman and Director of Sales and Marketing. â€œIn this industry, in which technology advancements have been limited, we have reason to believe that our searchlight design will revolutionize the business,â€ Mr. Iten pointed out.
â€œThe one thing that THOMMEN brings to the searchlight industry that no other manufacturer can is the superior workmanship, quality and customer service that are inherent in the Swiss culture and is a paramount component in everything THOMMEN does,â€ stated Mr. Iten.
REVUE THOMMEN AG is a leading manufacturer of aircraft mission equipment, instruments, and air data systems used worldwide on a full range of aircraft types from helicopters to military aircraft, corporate aircraft and commercial airliners. THOMMEN is a long established supplier to the global Aerospace Industry and a qualified supplier to the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturers. THOMMEN maintains all the quality certifications including AS-9100, ISO 9001:2000, EASA Part 21 and EASA Part 145.
See the THOMMEN HSL-1600 @ Aero India in Hall A, Booth A8.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock