The Doug Doty Vertical Flight Foundation is now accepting applications for their Electronic News Gathering (ENG) Scholarship.
This ENG Scholarship covers the cost of the ground and flight portion of a two day weekend course that will prepare a Robinson R44 pilot for the rigors of flying for the purpose of news gathering from a helicopter.Â The course is designed to prepare the aspiring ENG pilot for the television news environment, so that he/she can show superior knowledge and understanding of an operating news room, as well as proficiency in flying a news mission, to a potential employer.
The Doug Doty Vertical Flight Foundation is working with Johnny Rowlands, veteran helicopter pilot/reporter for KMBC-TV’s NewsChopper 9 in Kansas City,Â and owner of KC Copters based out of Johnson County Executive Airport in Olathe, Kansas.Â Rowlands has been flying traffic and breaking news for over 18 years, but is best known for his ground breaking live coverage of tornado touchdowns in and around the Kansas City area.Â With his vast experience in both the broadcast and aviation industries, he brings a level of expertise and real world experience that will give the graduates of this ENG course a huge advantage over other candidates seeking jobs in this very specialized industry.
More information may be found on their website www.verticalflight.org.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham