BBC News is today reporting that the Irish division of Bank of Scotland had repossessed an A109A Mk.II belonging to Jermon Ltd – registered G-JMON.Â The company, run by Dungannon resident Peter Dolan, was placed into administration on 27 January.Â Jermon was formed in 1997, and purchased the 109 in 2006.
Both the UK province of Northern Ireland, and the adjacent country of Ireland, experienced a massive property boom in the first half of the last decade, fuelled by what we now know was over-exuberant bank lending.Â Â This led to a large rise in helicopter operations with many twin turbine helicopters being purchased by property developers.Â In the last three years this has turned right around the other way with most being sold.
Jermon was involved in a number of very large development schemes, usually centred around shopping centres or office blocks.Â The ease of obtaining bank loans led many Irish developers to look overseas, and in one week in mid 2008, Jermon bought no fewer than four retail development sites in Poland and a 60% share in a former military airport in the Hungarian city of MezokÃ¶vesd – a 1,500 acre site with 3,500m runway which was intended as a logistis hub.
This recent move by Bank of Scotland follows the seizing of various other assets in May/June 2010 after Allied Irish Bank called in loans secured against particular properties.
Bank of Scotland Ireland was a major lender to developers during Ireland’s property boom, and was closed by its parent company Lloyds after suffering some catastrophic losses.Â Its loan book is now being managed by Certus.
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109