Oceanside, CA, February 16, 2011 â€” DART Helicopter Services will improve operational safety and maintenance efficiency for one of the nationâ€™s leading law enforcement aviation units.Â DART will provide 14 AKV advanced rotary wing cycle counters with Vehicle and Engine Management Display (VEMD) capabilities to the Los Angeles County Sheriff Departmentâ€™s (LASD) Aero Bureau.Â The procurement program, valued at $53,000, will deliver one unit each month until the order is complete.
The LASDâ€™s Aero Bureau flies in support of patrol and homeland security operations, law enforcement ground activities and transport for several specialized units.
â€œThe Aero Bureauâ€™s purchase of 14 advanced AKV cycle counters and two ground support programming kits will enhance the unitâ€™s maintenance management and planning,â€ said Steve Joseph, DART Helicopter Servicesâ€™ Chief Operating Officer.
LASD first equipped its fleet of AS350B2 helicopters with AKV cycle counters in 2008 and found that these systems reduced both pilot and maintainer workloads by providing accurate assessments of dynamic component utilization rates. The AKV Cycle Counters are the only programmable systems available on the market that conform to the current cycle counting procedure for not only the gas generator (Ng) speed but also the latest partial cycle counting requirement for the free turbine (Nf) speed. After installation, maintenance personnel will have the ability to update the starting totals of the new cycle counters to match the airframe and engine log books and in the future, when the need arises, during engine changes.Â No other engine cycle counters are field programmable.
â€œDART is proud to serve as AKVâ€™s exclusive global distributor for the companyâ€™s entire product line, including helicopter cycle counters, turbine engine compressor wash carts, and a wide range of custom components,â€ Joseph concluded. â€œWe are equally proud to support the LASDâ€™s Aero Bureau, recognized as a leader in tactical aviation law.â€
AKV, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of rotorcraft cycle counters and other equipment for a variety of popular helicopter models.Â The company is located in Camarillo, Calif.Â For more information, call 805-437-1739, fax 805-437-1783, e-mail [email protected] or visit the companyâ€™s web site, www.akvinc.com.
About DART Helicopter Services
DART Helicopter Services LLC., has set a global standard for developing, producing and distributing outstanding helicopter accessories and components that improve rotary wing fleet operations. Headquartered in California, the company and its sales, marketing and service associates operate a worldwide network from many strategic locations serving more than 120 nations on six continents. DART has become the worldâ€™s largest rotorcraft accessory provider in just five years, offering more than 3,500 helicopter aftermarket products that improve rotorcraft safety, efficiency and reliability. The company also manufactures 1,200 components, and its network owns more than 600 Supplemental Type Certificates and 45 U.S. patents.Â Learn more about DART at www.darthelicopterservices.com
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf