AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the signing of a contract with Gulf Helicopters of Qatar for five AW139 helicopters. The aircraft will be equipped for offshore passenger transportation operations. This latest contract adds to the one for twelve aircraft placed by Gulf Helicopters in 2007 as part of its fleet renewal programme.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “We are very pleased that Gulf Helicopters, one of the leading operator in the Middle East, has decided to expand its fleet of AW139s with the further five aircraft. This follow on contract is clear evidence that the AW139 is the helicopter of choice for offshore transport operations in the Middle East, due to its high performance and safety features.â€
The only new generation helicopter in its weight class, the AW139 has rapidly become the benchmark helicopter in the medium twin market. Over 350 aircraft are now in service performing offshore transport, VIP/corporate transport, EMS/SAR, law enforcement, utility and other missions. Orders for almost 500 units have been placed by more than 140 customers in approximately 50 countries so far, with nearly a quarter of all sales made in the Middle East.
Gulf Helicopters is owned by Qatar Petroleum, through a holding Company, Gulf International Services and General Public of State of Qatar. Gulf Helicopters have been providing helicopter services since 1970 working with companies throughout the Middle East, India and North Africa. Gulf Helicopters has its own in-house maintenance facility with a team of highly qualified and experienced engineers undertaking fleet maintenance and modification work. Gulf Helicopters is also an authorized service centre for AgustaWestland for their AW139s and also one of the first Helicopters Company to have its full flight simulator for AW139 for its operations and third party use.
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle