Western Coal Corp today announced a five-year, $500,000 commitment to the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS). Mr. Keith Calder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Western Coal, is presenting a cheque to STARS Grande Prairie Base Major Gifts Manager Glenda Farnden in the community of Tumbler Ridge on February 23, 2011.
“In December 2010, the STARS team helped save the life of a Western Coal employee by providing emergency helicopter transport,” said Mr. Calder. “This was the first time we saw the STARS team in action, and we learned firsthand about the important service it provides.”
“The health and safety of our employees is a top priority for Western Coal. STARS’ service provides an additional layer of assistance for our employees, their families and the communities in which we operate in Northeastern British Columbia,” continued Calder.
In 2010, STARS flew 1,453 missions carrying critically ill or injured patients from communities in Alberta and eastern BC. The donation, to be paid in $100,000 installments over a five-year period, makes Western Coal a significant donor for STARS.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces