Western Coal Corp today announced a five-year, $500,000 commitment to the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS). Mr. Keith Calder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Western Coal, is presenting a cheque to STARS Grande Prairie Base Major Gifts Manager Glenda Farnden in the community of Tumbler Ridge on February 23, 2011.
“In December 2010, the STARS team helped save the life of a Western Coal employee by providing emergency helicopter transport,” said Mr. Calder. “This was the first time we saw the STARS team in action, and we learned firsthand about the important service it provides.”
“The health and safety of our employees is a top priority for Western Coal. STARS’ service provides an additional layer of assistance for our employees, their families and the communities in which we operate in Northeastern British Columbia,” continued Calder.
In 2010, STARS flew 1,453 missions carrying critically ill or injured patients from communities in Alberta and eastern BC. The donation, to be paid in $100,000 installments over a five-year period, makes Western Coal a significant donor for STARS.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139