Heliflite, Australasiaâ€™s longest serving authorised Robinson distributor is pleased to announce that the regionâ€™s first R66 Turbine helicopter has received formal CASA certification for first of type.
The base yellow with slate grey trim coloured R66 Turbine helicopter is now ready to make its inaugural trip to Avalon Airport to be part of Helifliteâ€™s Australian International Airshow stand next week.
This R66 Turbine helicopter serial number 0011 is also the first internationally exported of its type.
In 1980 Heliflite introduced the first Robinson R22 helicopter to Australia, while in 1994 the company introduced the first R44 helicopter to the region.
Both the Robinson R22 and R44 helicopters are now the biggest selling civil helicopters in the world.
The R66 Turbine incorporates many of the design features of its reputable predecessor, the R44, including a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and an open interior cabin configuration. The most notable differences are its increased reserve power, increased altitude performance, fifth seat and large baggage compartment. Popular upgrades including HID landing lights, leather seats, and a stereo audio control panel are standard in the R66.
Heliflite has been the Australian authorised Robinson helicopter distributor since 1977 with major sales, service and support bases in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Auckland (authorised NZ distributor).
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66