The National EMS Pilots Association â€“ NEMSPA â€“ is proud to be a part of Heli-Expo 2011, Helicopter Association International’s annual trade show of All Things Helicopter in Orlando Florida, March 5-8. Visit us in the Orange County Convention Center at Booth #5711.
NEMSPA has collaborated with two of industry’s premier safety organizations to showcase two of the most recent safety innovations to be introduced to the air medical transport industry, and to commercial helicopter operations in general.
NEMSPA has consulted withÂ Aerosafe Risk Management in the development of an interactive website designed to provide pilots, dispatch centers, facility managers, and disaster response agencies with up-to-date and detailed helicopter landing zone information. The online database includes all the information about each listed helipad that a pilot will need to become aware of the capacity and features of each landing area along with any permanent or transient hazards to flight in the vicinity of the helipad.
Z-Coach is a scientifically developed fatigue management program developed by Dr. Mark Rosekind andÂ Alertness Solutions which provides knowledge, strategies and tools that allow the user to obtain optimal sleep, alertness, and most importantly, to improve safety. Individuals can access Z-Coach 24/7 via the internet for maximum flexibility and tailor the program to their specific interests and needs.Â In collaboration with Alertness Solutions, NEMSPA serves as the exclusive distributor of the Z-Coach fatigue management program to members of the 24/7 nationwide air medical transport community.
About the National EMS Pilots Association
The National EMS Pilots Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional pilot organization dedicated to serving rotary wing and fixed wing pilots involved in the air-medical transport industry.Â Formed in 1984, NEMSPA enjoys a rich history of innovation and excellence spanning over 27 years and is synonymous with professionalism and safety.Â NEMSPA works very closely with the FAA, DOT, NTSB, HAI, National, State & Local Politicians, hospitals, health care systems, air medical providers, air medical organizations and many others to promote quality and safety in the industry.Â Additional information on NEMSPA, membership and its corporate sponsorship program can be found atÂ http://www.nemspa.org .
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers