Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. ( â€œCanadian Helicoptersâ€) (TSX: CHL.A CHL.B) announced today that the Toronto Stock Exchange (the â€œTSXâ€) has accepted Canadian Helicopterâ€™s notice of intention to make a normal course issuer bid (the â€œNoticeâ€) to purchase outstanding common shares and/or variable voting shares through the facilities of the TSX for a period of twelve months ending on March 3, 2012. Up to 389,523 common shares and/or variable voting shares of Canadian Helicopters, representing approximately 5% of the public float of Canadian Helicopterâ€™s common shares and variable voting shares as of February 18, 2011, may be purchased under the bid. As of February 18, 2011, 12,589,787 common shares and 478,913 variable voting shares were issued and outstanding, of which 7,311,558 common shares and all of the variable voting shares are comprised in the public float. Daily repurchases will be limited to 4,582 common shares and/or variable voting shares, other than block purchase exceptions. The purchases may commence on March 4, 2011 and may extend to March 3, 2012 or such earlier date as Canadian Helicopters may complete its purchases pursuant to the Notice or otherwise terminate the bid. The number of common shares and/or variable voting shares that Canadian Helicopters intends to repurchase and the time of such repurchases will be determined by Canadian Helicopters, at its discretion.
Canadian Helicopters believes that, from time to time, the market price of the common shares and/or variable voting shares may not reflect their underlying value with regard to Canadian Helicopterâ€™s financial position and future prospects. At such times, the purchase of common shares and/or variable voting shares for cancellation would, in the opinion of management, be an appropriate use of Canadian Helicopterâ€™s funds and may be advantageous to shareholders by increasing the value of the remaining shares.
All the common shares and variable voting shares acquired under the bid will be purchased through the facilities of the TSX in accordance with its requirements. All common shares and variable voting shares acquired will automatically be cancelled. The common shares and variable voting shares will be purchased at their market price at the time of acquisition.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS GROUP INC.
Through Canadian Helicopters Limited, Canadian Helicopters Group Inc. is the largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada and one of the largest in the world based on the size of its fleet. From over 35 base locations across Canada, Canadian Helicopters provides helicopter services to a broad range of sectors, including emergency medical services, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, oil and gas, mining, forestry and construction. In addition to helicopter transportation services, Canadian Helicopters operates two flight schools, provides third party repair and maintenance services and provides military support in Afghanistan. With over 60 years of experience, Canadian Helicopters is an industry leader in establishing safety standards and operating procedures.
This press release contains forward-looking statements relating to the securities of Canadian Helicopters, including the purpose, volume and manner of purchases of common shares and/or variable voting shares by Canadian Helicopters under its normal course issuer bid. Such forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks anduncertainties, and actual results or events may differ materially. Consequently, readers should not place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. In addition, these forward-looking statements relate to the date on which they were made. Canadian Helicopters disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forwardlooking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless being required by applicable laws.
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger