ConocoPhillips reached a $2 million donation milestone today after presenting the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) with a $100,000 cheque at the STARS Calgary base hangar.
Mr. Joe Marushack, President, ConocoPhillips Canada, presented the donation to Dr. Greg Powell, President and CEO of STARS, with the STARS BK117 helicopter as a backdrop. STARS team members, including the on-duty flight paramedic, flight nurse and pilots were also in attendance and expressed their gratitude for the generous donation.
â€œWe cannot fully express our deep appreciation for the generous commitment ConocoPhillips has made to STARS,â€ said Dr. Powell. â€œConocoPhillips is unquestionably one of our most valued donors, enabling us to continue providing rapid care and transportation to critically injured and ill patients.â€
Funding by ConocoPhillips will directly contribute to the STARS teamâ€™s ability to respond to hundreds of emergencies every year. In 2010, STARS flew 1,453 emergency responses carrying critically ill and injured patients from communities in Alberta and eastern British Columbia.
STARS is a charitable non-profit organization that has responded to more than 20,300 emergencies since it began in 1985. STARS provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Calgary, Edmonton and Grande Prairie. STARS unique model of community, corporate and government support allows us to continue innovating excellence in patient care.
ConocoPhillips Canada (CPC) is one of the countryâ€™s largest oil and natural gas production and exploration companies. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, CPC is a top three producer of natural gas in the country, with a world-class portfolio including assets in western Canada, the Arctic, Atlantic Canada and oil sands interests near Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified