Discovery Air Inc. subsidiary Great Slave Helicopters Ltd. is pleased to announce it has been contracted by Peregrine Diamonds Ltd. to support its 2011 diamond exploration program on the 980,000 hectare Chidliak Project.
Great Slave Helicopters will have multiple intermediate helicopters contracted to Peregrine Diamonds for the entire six- to seven-month 2011 field season.
“We are extremely pleased to be providing this level of support to Peregrine Diamonds in 2011,” saidÂ Jeff Denomme, Great Slave Helicopters President. “Being selected for a contract of this scale on a project of this significance recognizes our ability as a company to conduct safe and efficient helicopter operations in the harsh Canadian Arctic.”
The Chidliak Project, which is located about 120 km northeast of Iqaluit, will require Great Slave Helicopters to support the field activities of the roughly 75-person exploration team.
“For a high-utilization, advanced exploration project like Chidliak reliability is critical,” added Denomme. “Our industry-leading team of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and multi-million-dollar spare parts inventory ensure maximum serviceability at all times and avoid situations where field crews are stuck in camp for extended periods.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Founded in 2004, Discovery Air Inc. is a specialty aviation services company operating acrossÂ CanadaÂ and in select locations internationally. With over 130 aircraft, it is one of the largest air operators inÂ Canada, employing more than 600 flight crew, maintainers and support staff to deliver a variety of air transport, maintenance and logistics solutions to a wide range of government, airline and business customers. The Company’s Government Services segment includes three subsidiaries: Top Aces, which delivers airborne training and special mission services to the Canadian military; Hicks & Lawrence, a supplier of airborne fire management services to the Ontario government and charter services to government agencies and corporate customers; and Discovery Air Technical Services, which provides a range of maintenance, repair and overhaul solutions to customers from itsQuebecÂ City location. The Company’s Northern Services segment includes three subsidiaries: Great Slave Helicopters, the second-largest VFR helicopter operator in the country; Air Tindi, the largest fixed-wing aircraft charter provider based in NorthernÂ Canada; and Discovery Mining Services, which constructs and rents all-weather exploration camps and provides expediting and logistics support services.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream