Airwolf Aerospace has developed a new Tension-Torsion (TT) strap for Bell 206 Jet Ranger and 206L Long Ranger helicopters, civilian and military. The straps will be on display at HAI Heli-Expo, 2011 (Booth #3561). Airwolf manufactures the straps under an FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA).
Airwolfâ€™s TT straps anchor each rotor blade to the mast while accommodating the multi-directional forces inherent in rotorcraft flight. The straps are manufactured from a specially designed, proprietary process to far better accommodate the torsion and tension requirements of the rotor hub, smoothly and safely.
Airwolf Aerospace Senior Engineer, John Montana, said, â€œThe development of Airwolfâ€™s new Torsion-Tension straps is the result of more than seven years of R&D. We have created a product that is technically superior and significantly less expensive than those from the factory.â€™â€™
Airwolf will launch its newest certified product at Heli-Expo 2011 to answer any questions regarding its price, its use and installation, and to show potential consumers the benefits that this product offers to Bell 206 owners. TT straps must be replaced at 1200 hours or two years, according to Bell Helicopter.
â€œFor years the only â€˜optionâ€™ was no option at all. Now, thereâ€™s a much more affordable and FAA-approved alternative,â€™â€™ Montana added.
The straps can be installed in the field by a licensed engineer, are priced significantly lower than those from the factory. They are approved for all Jet Rangers, Long Rangers, and military OH 58s.
Airwolf Aerospace LLC. is the worldâ€™s leading manufacturer of helicopter rotor blade anti-erosion tape specifically designed to eliminate the delamination of Robinson R22 & R44 main rotor blades.
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Dakota Air Parts Displays New Composite Tail Rotor Blade at Heli-Expo
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois