A Eurocopter Ec135 of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Airborne Response Team “D-HART” made a precautionary landing at the busy Boston Logan Airport today after the pilot reported difficulties with one engine.Â Airline operations were not affected in the way that Britain’s London City Airport came to a standstill yesterday after a similar emergency.
It was on its way from southern New Hampshire to the Beth Israel Medical Center in Boston with a patient on board, who completed the journey in a ground ambulance.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock only has two helicopters, but Rich Adams said the companyâ€™s ability to rescue patients would not be affected.Â He added â€œThere are a number of mutual aid agreements with various air transport systems around northern New England. If our helicopter werenâ€™t in service and unavailable there are other services that can be called, and we cover for each other on a fairly regular basis.â€
HeliHub.com adds a separate page for every reported incident, including details of the particular helicopter and links to online reports of the event.
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Airbus and Air Methods sign additional HCare
- Aeromed in Puerto Rico adds third helicopter
- 08-Dec-20 F-HJAF Airbus EC135T1 Bonvillard, France (5F)
- 15-Nov-20 N442ME Airbus EC135 Williamsport, US-Pennsylvania
- ESG enables Internet in helicopters
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135