A Eurocopter Ec135 of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Airborne Response Team “D-HART” made a precautionary landing at the busy Boston Logan Airport today after the pilot reported difficulties with one engine.Â Airline operations were not affected in the way that Britain’s London City Airport came to a standstill yesterday after a similar emergency.
It was on its way from southern New Hampshire to the Beth Israel Medical Center in Boston with a patient on board, who completed the journey in a ground ambulance.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock only has two helicopters, but Rich Adams said the companyâ€™s ability to rescue patients would not be affected.Â He added â€œThere are a number of mutual aid agreements with various air transport systems around northern New England. If our helicopter werenâ€™t in service and unavailable there are other services that can be called, and we cover for each other on a fairly regular basis.â€
HeliHub.com adds a separate page for every reported incident, including details of the particular helicopter and links to online reports of the event.
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago