REVUE THOMMEN of Waldenburg, Switzerland has announced the future availability of the smaller and lighter HSL-800 Helicopter Searchlight for weight and power restricted aircraft operations such as single engine aircraft in the U.S. Law Enforcement market segment.
The HSL-800 is in the development stage at this time with anticipated availability in the 1st Quarter of 2012. The core design of the HSL-800 is very similar to the current HSL-1600 and users of both models of searchlights will find similar performance characteristics between them.
â€œThe helicopter searchlight systems of our competitors are a composite of multiple components; the searchlight, power supplies, junction boxes, and slaving software interfaces,â€ stated Rudolf Iten, THOMMENâ€™s Vice Chairman and Director of Sales and Marketing. â€œThe THOMMEN HSL-800 system is totally integrated within the searchlight itself, simplifying installation and operation and dramatically reducing installed weight for these weight critical aircraft,â€ Mr. Iten pointed out.
Revolutionary features include
â€¢Â A new light source technology that allows the system to be significantly smaller and lighter than the competition.
â€¢Â A â€œpatent pendingâ€ IR filter design that is incorporated within the light assembly allowing deployment at mission airspeed with a range of 1000 meters using the 4Â° to 20Â° beam focus capability. Most competitors cannot offer IR in their smaller searchlights.
â€¢Â A significant result of the single component system is a lighter installed weight PLUS a dramatic weight reduction when the searchlight system is removed for daylight operations.
â€¢Â All solid state drives that deliver unparalleled smooth performance and contribute to the 5000 hr. MTBF reliability.
â€¢Â All THOMMEN searchlights will be delivered with an EASA Form 1 Certificate of Airworthiness. No other manufacturer can offer a certified product.
â€œThe one thing that THOMMEN brings to the searchlight industry that no other manufacturer can is the superior workmanship, quality and customer service that are inherent in the Swiss culture and is a paramount component in everything THOMMEN does,â€ stated Mr. Iten.
REVUE THOMMEN AG is a leading manufacturer of aircraft mission equipment, instruments, and air data systems used worldwide on a full range of aircraft types from helicopters to military aircraft, corporate aircraft and commercial airliners. THOMMEN is a long established supplier to the global Aerospace Industry and a qualified supplier to the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturers. THOMMEN maintains all the quality certifications including AS-9100, ISO 9001:2000, EASA Part 21 and EASA Part 145.
See the THOMMEN HSL-1600 @ Heli-Expo Booth 4108.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation