REVUE THOMMEN of Waldenburg, Switzerland has announced the future availability of the smaller and lighter HSL-800 Helicopter Searchlight for weight and power restricted aircraft operations such as single engine aircraft in the U.S. Law Enforcement market segment.
The HSL-800 is in the development stage at this time with anticipated availability in the 1st Quarter of 2012. The core design of the HSL-800 is very similar to the current HSL-1600 and users of both models of searchlights will find similar performance characteristics between them.
â€œThe helicopter searchlight systems of our competitors are a composite of multiple components; the searchlight, power supplies, junction boxes, and slaving software interfaces,â€ stated Rudolf Iten, THOMMENâ€™s Vice Chairman and Director of Sales and Marketing. â€œThe THOMMEN HSL-800 system is totally integrated within the searchlight itself, simplifying installation and operation and dramatically reducing installed weight for these weight critical aircraft,â€ Mr. Iten pointed out.
Revolutionary features include
â€¢Â A new light source technology that allows the system to be significantly smaller and lighter than the competition.
â€¢Â A â€œpatent pendingâ€ IR filter design that is incorporated within the light assembly allowing deployment at mission airspeed with a range of 1000 meters using the 4Â° to 20Â° beam focus capability. Most competitors cannot offer IR in their smaller searchlights.
â€¢Â A significant result of the single component system is a lighter installed weight PLUS a dramatic weight reduction when the searchlight system is removed for daylight operations.
â€¢Â All solid state drives that deliver unparalleled smooth performance and contribute to the 5000 hr. MTBF reliability.
â€¢Â All THOMMEN searchlights will be delivered with an EASA Form 1 Certificate of Airworthiness. No other manufacturer can offer a certified product.
â€œThe one thing that THOMMEN brings to the searchlight industry that no other manufacturer can is the superior workmanship, quality and customer service that are inherent in the Swiss culture and is a paramount component in everything THOMMEN does,â€ stated Mr. Iten.
REVUE THOMMEN AG is a leading manufacturer of aircraft mission equipment, instruments, and air data systems used worldwide on a full range of aircraft types from helicopters to military aircraft, corporate aircraft and commercial airliners. THOMMEN is a long established supplier to the global Aerospace Industry and a qualified supplier to the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturers. THOMMEN maintains all the quality certifications including AS-9100, ISO 9001:2000, EASA Part 21 and EASA Part 145.
See the THOMMEN HSL-1600 @ Heli-Expo Booth 4108.
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect