The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) continues to expand its capabilities to serve the total lifecycle of overhaul and replacement parts for the aviation industry with 28 new FAA-certified replacement parts for a variety of helicopter drivetrain and engine platforms. Timken now offers more than 1,600 FAA-certified replacement parts overall â€“ some of which the company will display at its 2011 Heli-Expo exhibit #1306, March 6-7, 2011 in Orlando, Fla.
“Timken invests to provide a comprehensive selection of high-quality replacement parts to keep aircraft flying safely,” said Larry Shiembob, general manager of Timken’s Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions team. “The value-added distinction for our customers is the breadth of knowledge and advanced technical capabilities we bring from both the original-equipment and aftermarket segments of Timken’s aerospace business.”
Timken obtained most of the FAA approvals for these replacement parts through test and computation â€“ the most rigorous of FAA certification processes. These new replacement parts include a collective sleeve, swashplate support assembly and main rotor blade bolt. These parts are on the Bell H-1 (Huey), Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6, Pratt & Whitney PW2000 and Rolls-Royce Model 250 platforms.
An expanded list of FAA-approved replacement parts with complete engine and helicopter drivetrain overhaul capabilities is generating new business for Timken from around the world. The company also specializes in the design and manufacture of complex parts and assemblies, including helicopter transmissions, rotor head assemblies, turbine engine components, bearings and gears, for new production and for the aftermarket.
A full list of Timken’s aircraft replacement products is available at www.Timken.com/MRO.
Timken’s Heli Expo Media Kit is available in the company’s online news room.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR: www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services that are critical to help hard-working machinery to perform efficiently and reliably. With sales of $4.1 billion in 2010 and operations in 27 countries with approximately 20,000 people, Timken is Where You TurnÂ® for better performance. Timken’s Aerospace and Defense segment provides power transmission systems and flight-critical components for civil and military aircraft. In addition to original equipment, Timken Aerospace and Defense provides a wide range of aftermarket products and services for global customers, including complete engine overhaul, bearing repair, component reconditioning and replacement parts.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation