Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced today that it has initiated work on a project to obtain a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for installation of the Garmin G500H glass cockpit in the Robinson R44 helicopter. Once completed, any authorized Garmin dealer can install the G500H in an R44 in accordance with FAA guidelines. The STC will cover all models of the R44 helicopter.
â€œThe G500H is becoming a very popular avionics suite with the helicopter community because of its vast capability and flexibility,â€ said Gary Kelley, Garminâ€™s vice president of marketing. â€œWith nearly 5,000 R44 helicopters in service around the world, Garmin is pleased to offer the benefits of the G500H to this large community of helicopter operators.â€
The G500H is an all-glass avionics system designed specifically for the VFR Part 27 helicopter market. The primary flight display (PFD) shows attitude, airspeed, vertical speed, altitude and course/heading information, and the multi-function display (MFD) has detailed moving map graphics with the helicopterâ€™s current position in relation to terrain, chart data, navaids, and flight plan routings. The system offers features like helicopter synthetic vision technology (HSVT), XM WX Satellite Weather with NEXRAD, the ability to display video from a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera or other video sources, and a helicopter-specific database with over 7,000 heliports and nearly 30,000 additional low-altitude obstacles in addition to the already extensive obstacle database found in the fixed-wing G500 system.
Garmin anticipates receiving the STC for the Robinson R44 in the fourth quarter of 2011. Additional information about the G500H or Garminâ€™s complete line of helicopter products is available at garmin.com/helicopters.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications â€“ most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garminâ€™s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa
- 23-Oct-19 N225JM Robinson R44 Las Vegas, US-Nevada (2F)
- 21-Oct-19 UR-KTB Robinson R44 Tarasenkove, Ukraine (1F)
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- 15-Jul-19 N144TG Robinson R44 II Hayward, US-California (1F)
- 17-Jun-19 N7187D Robinson R44 Catalina Island, US-California (1F)
- 02-Jun-19 N41351 Robinson R44 II near Mulberry Mountain, US-Arkansas (3F)
- 17-May-19 N744TW Robinson R44 II Alpine, US-Utah (2F)
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- 29-Apr-19 N808NV Robinson R44 Kawainui, US-Hawaii (3F)
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 26-Feb-19 G-HWKS Robinson R44 Sketrick Island, UK