Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced that MD Helicopters, a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters, has selected the G500H as an optional avionics package for the MD series helicopters.Â The G500H, is a certified, all-glass avionics system designed specifically for the VFR Part 27 helicopter market.
The G500H has been optimized for rotorcraft and offers features like helicopter synthetic vision technology (HSVTâ„¢), helicopter-specific databases with over 7,000 heliports and nearly 30,000 additional low-altitude obstacles, XM WX Satellite Weather with NEXRAD, and the ability to display video from a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera or other video sources.
The bezel framing the G500Hâ€™s primary flight display (PFD) and multi-function display (MFD) (10â€w x 6.7â€h) allows for easy installation into the instrument panel. The G500H system includes a solid state Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) for superior reliability and accuracy. Garminâ€™s AHRS features rapid alignment while moving, including in-flight dynamic restarts.
The G500H also supports Garminâ€™s helicopter-specific synthetic vision technology (HSVTâ„¢). By adding the optional Garmin HSVT to the G500H, the PFD will display an â€œout-the-windowâ€ view of the surroundings, regardless of the weather conditions. HSVT seamlessly blends information about the rotorcraftâ€™s position with topographic databases to create and display real-time 3D images. Land, water and sky are clearly differentiated with shading and textures that are similar to the topographical colors found on the MFD moving map. HSVT alerts pilots of potential ground hazards by displaying terrain and obstacles which pose a threat to the aircraft.
The G500H includes SafeTaxiÂ®, which features detailed diagrams of over 900 airports that assist pilots while maneuvering in the airport environment. A trial version of Garmin FliteChartsÂ® is included, which allows pilots to quickly find and view airport diagrams on the MFD.Â Pilots may also select the optional ChartView, an electronic version of Jeppesenâ€™s extensive library of charts and airport diagrams.
MD Helicopters expects first G500H-equipped helicopter deliveries in third quarter of 2011. Additional information about the G500H or Garminâ€™s complete line of helicopter products is available at garmin.com/helicopters.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications â€“ most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garminâ€™s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin, SafeTaxi, and FliteCharts are registered trademarks and HSVT is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light