Helicopter Association International is partnering with EAA to establish a new, dedicated â€œhome away from homeâ€ for the international helicopter community at EAA AirVenture 2011 in Oshkosh this summer.
The partnership unites the producer of HELI-EXPOÂ®, the worldâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to helicopters being held here through March 8, with the organizer of the worldâ€™s largest general aviation event, AirVenture, to be held July 25-31, 2011.
â€œHAI is dedicated to advancing the international helicopter community and we are proud to partner with EAA, which is committed to nurturing the spirit of flight throughout the world,â€ said HAI President Matt Zuccaro. â€œAirVenture Oshkosh provides an excellent opportunity to promote the unique contributions vertical flight offers to society and will complement our growing success with HELI-EXPO as well as our other exhibit and outreach efforts around the world.â€
â€œWeâ€™re excited to welcome HAI and its Heli Center to EAA AirVenture beginning this year,â€ EAA president Rod Hightower said. â€œHelicopters are an exciting and innovative part of aviation, and are a passion for thousands of aviators. Weâ€™re glad to be welcoming more of those helicopter owners and pilots, and their aircraft, to Oshkosh through HAIâ€™s Heli Center.â€
Under the partnership, HAI will set up and operate the Heli Center, a pavilion on an 80X200-foot site close to the flight line and show center at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis., home to what has come to be known as â€œThe Worldâ€™s Greatest Aviation Celebration!â€ AirVenture draws more than 500,000 attendees from North America and around the world and 10,000-plus aircraft to Wittman Regional and other airports in east-central Wisconsin, including more than 2,600 show planes.
The Heli Center will provide a central location for helicopter-related exhibitors to highlight their products and services to those attendees and re-introduce many fixed-wing fans to the helicopter. HAI also will become a named sponsor of AirVenture’s Forums Building and host helicopter-focused presentations and discussions there.
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION