Helicopter Support, Inc. (HSI), a Sikorsky Aerospace Services company, announced today during the Heli-Expo industry show in Orlando that the companyâ€™s Services Division has won the FAA Diamond Certificate of Excellence award for the fifth consecutive year. This coveted award is given to employers with 100 percent employee participation in an FAA-approved aviation maintenance training program. Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the worldwide aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Diamond Award Certificate of Excellence is the Federal Aviation Administrationâ€™s highest training award. The FAA recognizes employers and aviation maintenance technicians who participate in a training program that offers both initial and recurring aviation maintenance training/courses to improve safety and technical knowledge.
â€œTraining is a priority in our business, and this award is a testimony to our collective commitment to our customers. The FAA program trains our employees to focus more keenly on quality work performance. Ultimately, consistent training ensures compliance to strict safety measures â€“ our paramount mission. We are very proud and honored to be recognized by the FAA for our accomplishments again this year,â€ said Stephen Bohlman, HSI Vice President of Customer Support.
The program also honors individuals for their personal achievements. For the first time, the FAA individual recognition for aviation maintenance technicians ranges from Bronze to Gold, with Gold being the highest honor for an employee. Six HSI technicians received the Gold award, 51 earned Silver and 17 earned Bronze. In 2010, HSI service technicians completed a total of 12,413 hours in product specific, helicopter instruction, safety and FAA regulatory compliance training.
â€œAs we strive for continuous improvement, this award strengthens our commitment to training, quality and safety. Our employees work hard to advance their personal growth, and we are proud of these individual recognitions,â€ said Bruce Smit, Training Manager, HSI Services Division.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support for rotary and fixed wing aircraft around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacturing and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock