Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, recognised excellence in M250Â® helicopter engine support by announcing the winners of the M250 Fully Integrated Rolls-Royce Support Team (FIRST) network awards.
The M250 FIRST networkâ„¢ consists of 33 full-service engine and component repair and overhaul (R&O) facilities. It offers full-capability R&O support to more than 4,000 operators of M250 turboshaft and turboprop engines around the world.
Mark Thompson, Rolls-Royce Helicopter Maintenance Network Manager, said: â€œIâ€™d like to congratulate the 2011 M250 FIRST network award winners, who are all focused on delivery of excellence. The winners have gone above and beyond the normal levels of performance to exceed the high expectations of our customers.â€
The awards highlight six categories of achievement and winners were announced at a reception held during Heli-Expo 2011.
Award Categories and Recipients
Award: Program Investment
Recipients: AeroMaritime America and Asia Pacific Aerospace
Award definition: Network facilities which have made the greatest investment in order to improve their performance. Investments include primary facility improvements (machinery, buildings, tooling) and people.
Award: Most Improved
Recipient: Component Parts Repair/ITP Repair
Award definition: The facility that has exhibited the most significant improvement during the year resulting in improved customer support.
Award: Customer Satisfaction
Recipients: AeroMaritime America and StandardAero
Award definition: Network facilities with the highest customer satisfaction rating overall.
Award: Going the Extra Mile
Recipients: H-S Tools and Parts, H+S Aviation, Keystone, National Airways and StandardAero
Award definition: Network facilities that have demonstrated how they have gone â€œwell above the normal call of duty” for a single, customer focused event.
Award: AMC Total Quality
Recipient: H+S Aviation
Award definition: Network facility that has implemented a program focused on improving the internal and external processes that directly impact the customer.
Award: Family Teamwork
Award definition: Network facility that has supported another network facility independent of Rolls-Royce involvement by sharing parts, rental assets, etc to fulfill customer requirements.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work